Skip to main content

A - Artist in me

 

#AtoZChallenge 2024 badge A

Art is considered as a philosophical form of expression, interpretation, and representation from centuries unknown. 
Some of the famous quotes by artists are listed below:


Art is like the Queen of all sciences communicating knowledge to all the generations of the world. - Leonardo Da Vinci

Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.
- Oscar Wilde

We all know that art is not the truth. Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth, atleast the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.
-Pablo Picasso

Let me introduce a little bit about myself now:
I began to draw with a chalk-piece at the age of 3 according to my parents and close relatives. The fine arts in every household in India showed the intelligence, talent and activeness of a person or a child. My Grandmother's sister was a Carnatic classical vocalist and it seems she was a child prodigy. Because of which her own siblings were jealous of her! My mother is a classical vocalist as well and she used to teach music to kids in the neighborhood until 2020. Many in my paternal and maternal family have either learned Classical music vocals, instruments or various forms of dance i.e, Bharatnatyam, Kathak, and so on. But not many have continued a hobby in Painting.
I had decided to keep my talent in painting as a hobby. But when you have a talent you cannot be feeling yourself or content with your life, unless you put it out of your heart and mind in the form of art once in a while. This led me to paint more and more. While I was studying my intermediate French language at L'alliance francaise de bangalore in the year 2018, I studied arts during the time of Renaissance. I read about cubism and Pablo Picasso's artworks. I attended Art Galleries and exhibitions to observe oil on canvas, the texture, lighting, usage of colors, brush strokes, knife strokes etc. 
One fine day, in the year 2018 I prepared a portfolio of my artworks and submitted it to Galleries. My talent and efforts of being a self-taught artist were recognised quickly with a lot of appreciation and constructive criticism by senior artists. I have grown more as an artist and I'm channelising my mind to create more artworks. That's about the artist in me who is trying to find out everyday more about art which cannot be mastered in one lifetime.


It's feeling good to blog again and take part in the A to Z challenge 2024
Yours
<3
Jahnavi KJ









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esha manohari raga

Esha manohari raga is the janma raga of 28th melakartha hari kamboji. This is a sampoorna, vakra sampoorna janya raga. Apart from shadja and panchama, chatushruthi rishabha, antara gandhara, shuddha madhyama, chatushruthi daivatha and kaishiki nishada are the swara sthanas. The beauty of this raga is indescribable. The popular kritis in this raga are manasa Sri Rama chandruni by Thyagaraja, Sri gananatham bhajare by muthuswami dikshit, himagirisha manonmani by muthiah bhagawathar, shambho gangadhara by Gopala Krishna Bharathi.

She - A woman

Image source: http://lilliemcferrin.com/five-sentence-fiction-isolated/ She began a new life with a family in the name of marriage. A family where women were considered men if they had given birth to a male child. She received the portent and tried to impress them but, the only way to impress them was to starve and become lame. "I was not born for this" she thought. She was isolated for the rest of her life for she was a woman. Jahnavi.K.J written for Lillie McFerrin's five sentence fiction .

Zodiac signs

Zodiac signs' dictionary meaning is: "an imaginary area of the sky containing the positions of the sun, the moon and the main planets, divided into 12 equal parts, named after 12 groups of stars. It is interesting to see how these stars effect the life of each individual living on Earth. This study of stars is an ancient science which rises curiosity in everyone. The study depends on the date of birth of the individual in the western countries and on the birth star in the Hindu astrology. The zodiac signs plays a vital role in match making and other aspects in Indian arranged marriage. Some people have strong beliefs in the forecast of these zodiac signs. However I do not believe in the predictions of the zodiac signs :) Jahnavi Participating in A to Z challenge